The Riverfest Seafood Festival in Ormond Beach is coming up November 19-20. If you’re visiting Sea Shells Beach Club and you also feel like you can never really eat enough fresh seafood, this may be the perfect event for you.
Admission is free to this family friendly event, where the Riverside Drive area will be dedicated to food, music, cooking demos, water activities, a rubber duckie race (for people, not ducks), and more.
The Festival runs Saturday, November 19 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sunday, November 20 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., with free admission and free parking.
Things to Do
- Rockefeller Gardens will be the place for food and music, with more than a dozen vendors offering all types of seafood, including local oysters, crab, shrimp and fresh fried fish.
- There will be music all day on the main stage.
- Cooking demonstrations from local chefs will be held on the Casement’s North Lawn.
- A Kids Fishing Clinic will be held Saturday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., with free fishing poles for kids 12 and under (while they last).
- Get there early (9 a.m.) Sunday for the first annual Rubber Duckie River Run and Ride (so named because of the meet-up spot under the giant rubber ducks in Fortunato Park). This is a fun 5K and half marathon bike race (with a Duckling Dash for the younger runners). You must register to participate.
The Riverfest Seafood Festival is just 15 minutes from Sea Shells Beach Club and a fun way to spend a day enjoying the great things a Florida beachside community has to offer.
Daytona Beach is home to a lot of great festivals. If you’re a festival goer, share some of your favorites in the comments below.