If you’re an outdoors enthusiast, there’s one more reason to visit Sea Shells Beach Club in Daytona Beach, Florida.
Daytona has gotten its own Bass Pro Shops superstore. The long-awaited store officially opened on February 16 at the One Daytona retail complex across from the Daytona International Speedway. It is the second anchor tenant at One Daytona.
If you’re not familiar, Bass Pro Shops describes itself as “ a leading destination retailer offering outdoor gear and apparel in an immersive setting.” What that means is this place is more than just a store – it’s an experience.
Here are 7 things you should know about the Daytona Bass Pro Shops.
- It’s basically a living museum representative of fishing, boating, hunting and camping in northeast Florida.
- It has a 12,000-gallon aquarium stocked with fish indigenous to the area, including bass, crappie, spotted gar, redfish and catfish.
- There are full-size wildlife mounts of bears, white-tailed deer and a Florida panther.
- The walls are adorned with hand-painted wall murals of both Daytona Beach area nature scenes and the history of NASCAR.
- Customers can try bows before purchasing them at the indoor archery range.
- NASCAR and Bass go way back. Bass has been a sponsor of drivers, including the late Dale Earnhardt Sr. Last year, Bass became primary sponsor of the August race at Bristol Motor Speedway, now called the Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race.
- The Daytona Beach location will host free outdoor skills workshops throughout the year. Topics include outdoor cooking, nature photography, fly fishing, camping and archery.
The average customer spends 2.5 hours in the store, so consider Bass Pro Shops less of a shop and more of an attraction. Leave yourself plenty of time to look around and enjoy!
Would you visit Bass Pro Shops in Daytona on your next vacation at Sea Shells Beach Club?